- Brochure & More Info
- Book with Confidence
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation based on twin share room
- Cruise as per itinerary
- Cruise meals and non-chargeable entertainment
- Daily breakfast
- Escorted tour
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Professionally guided local tours
- Rail travel as per itinerary
- Transport in air conditioned vehicles
- Airport transfers
- Any items or services not specified in the itinerary
- Cruise gratuities
- Cruise transfers
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- International flights from Australia
- Medical and emergency insurance
- Optional tours and activities
- Personal expenses
Tour & Cruise overview
This European adventure starts in the historic seaside town of Opatija to embark on a 9-night escorted tour. Discover Split’s spectacularly preserved Roman palace, walk along Dubrovnik’s historic city walls and drink in the beauty of Krka National Park with its famous Skradinski Buk Falls. Explore Zagreb, flourishing Ljubljana and the beautiful resort city of Bled, before it’s time to travel by train from Venice to the port city of Civitavecchia for the next exciting leg of this journey – a stunning MSC cruise.
MSC is renowned for their magnificent Mediterranean cruises and with this voyage you’ll have the thrill of boarding one of their newer ships, MSC Grandiosa. Launched in 2019, this grand vessel is equipped with the latest environmental technology to increase energy efficiency and make cruising more environmentally sound. That doesn’t mean they’ve scrimped on creature comforts. Staterooms and public spaces have been reimagined to exceed expectations and the cutting-edge technology has flowed over to enhance onboard experiences.
VIEW THE ITINERARY
Early Bird Special
Book on one of the following departures by 8 June 2022 to save up to $1300 per person!
Departs from Opatija:
2023 – 3, 10, 17, 24 February and 3, 10, 17, 21 March
Inside Cabin – from $2999 per person
Oceanview Cabin – from $3299 per person
Balcony Cabin – from $3799 per person
Suite Cabin – from $4299 per person
MSC Cruises Take 3 For The Sea Promotion – for an extra $350 per person get a drinks package, free WiFi and $50 onboard credit.
Please note: Prices are per person, based on twin share. Prices are valid until 8 June 2022 and subject to availability. Rates can change without notice and current prices will be advised at time of booking. Please contact us for solo traveller rates and for travel at other times of the year.
Inclusions at a glance
- 9 nights in first class hotels on tour
- 1 night pre-cruise in a Civitavecchia hotel
- 7 nights aboard MSC Grandiosa in a selection of cabins
- 16 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 10 dinners
- Escorted tour (days 1-10)
- Services of your English-speaking tour manager
- Services of local guides in Split, Dubrovnik & Zagreb
- Sightseeing as per itinerary in modern air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
- Hotel taxes, fees, service charges & porterage
- One-way economy seat train from Venice to Civitavecchia
- Cruise (days 11-18)
- MSC Mediterranean Cruise, round trip from Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
- Choice of cabin aboard MSC Grandiosa
- All included dining & non-chargeable entertainment on board
- Explore seaside Opatija, with its rich history and picturesque surroundings
- In Zadar, one of the oldest cities on the Adriatic, view the 16th century Venetian defensive walls
- Walk the cobbled streets of Split and marvel at the impressive Diocletian’s Palace, a precious example of Roman architecture
- Tour magnificent Dubrovnik, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and visit Franciscan monastery with world’s third oldest functioning pharmacy
- Experience a traditional Dalmatian welcome ceremony and savour local delicacies at a family-run Ethno Village
- Relax in the green oasis of Krka National Park, while admiring the travertine Karst waterfalls
- See the Upper and Lower Towns in the two-tiered Croatian capital city of Zagreb
- Visit Bled Castle, a beautiful medieval fortress, perched atop a steep cliff above the picturesque lake
- Experience cruising aboard one of the most environmentally-sound ships at sea
- MSC has developed an energy-efficient role model for modern cruising
- Discover the colourful history and natural wonders of Sicily, Malta, Italy, Spain and France
- DAY 1
- DAY 2
- DAY 3
- DAY 4
- DAY 5
- DAY 6
- DAY 7
- DAY 8
- DAY 9
- DAY 10
- DAY 11
- DAY 12
- DAY 13
- DAY 14
- DAY 15
- DAY 16
- DAY 17
- DAY 18
Join tour in Opatija
Full day in Opatija
Zadar City Tour en Route to Split
Explore Split, Travel to Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik City Tour
Dubrovnik: Free Day
Pakovo Selo, Krka National Park, Vodice
Travel to Zagreb, and Arrive in Bled
Resort City of Bled
Bled to Venice, Train to Civitavecchia
Mediterranean Cruise Departs
Cruise to Palermo, Sicily
Cruise to Valetta, Malta
Cruise to Barcelona, Spain
Cruise to Marseille, France
Cruise to Genoa, Italy
Cruise to Civitavecchia & Disembark in Italy
More about Croatia
More about Europe
More about France
More about Italy
More about Malta
More about Sicily
More about Slovenia
More about Spain
My Travel Experience Review
Start with an escorted group tour covers the essential highlights of Croatia and Slovenia. Enjoy comfortable hotels, daily breakfast, coach transport, sightseeing and services of licensed tour guides. Then board MSC Grandiosa in Rome for a spectacular cruise of the Mediterranean.
More about this tour
See the brochure
CLICK HERE to view, download or print a copy of this brochure.
The brochure includes details of the inclusions, itinerary and other relevant travel information. Information contained in the brochure is subject to change and at the time of booking you will be provided with an updated copy that includes the current details for your reservation.
This escorted tour and cruise package departs on select dates from Opatija, Croatia:
2023 – 3, 10, 17, 24 February and 3, 10, 17, 21 March
Departures are subject to availability and prices may vary at time of booking. Please ask us for your preferred date and we will advise availability and cost. Contact us to find out about departures at other times of the year.
Important to remember...
The day-by-day tour descriptions in the itinerary are intended as an indicative guide only. Travel by nature is unpredictable. Weather patterns, river conditions, road accessibility, public holidays, travel restrictions and a multitude of other factors may necessitate itinerary changes that are ultimately for the client's benefit. It is essential that travellers are flexible and open minded in this regard.
Speak to a travel specialist
The My Travel Experience team are travel experts and we're here to help you enjoy the best holiday - from the time you start to plan your trip until the day you return home. We are only a phone call or email away whenever you need us, so please contact us today with any questions.
Email email@example.com. Phone 1300 168 910 (in Australia) or text +61 437 851 966 (from overseas or via mobile).
New safety measures and greater peace of mind.
The wellbeing and safety of our passengers and staff is always a priority, especially as we adjust to a new world for travellers. My Travel Experience is committed to ensuring your peace of mind with customer-friendly booking practices and enhanced health and safety standards on our trips.
We work closely with tour operators that have received the Safe Travels stamp by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), which enables travellers to recognise companies around the world that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
Adequate Travel Insurance
All tour travellers are required to show proof of adequate travel insurance before embarking on tour. Your policy of insurance is required to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation - medical and non-medical) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; protection against any Covid-related claims and other expenses.
Please Note: If you cannot provide the tour team with proof of adequate travel insurance prior to the start of your tour, you will not be permitted to embark on day one.
Safety Measures for Social Distancing on Tour & Cruise
In line with precautions from various government authorities, such as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), social distancing and face masks may be necessary on trains, coach tours and while cruising.
Carrying out responsible social distancing while on the coach, train and cruise, as well as during city tours, visits to landmarks, museums and more, will be necessary to help ensure the safety of yourself, the other travellers in your group and the travel crew. This extends to the use of face masks on board and where necessary when visiting different destinations.
These guidelines are subject to change as the global situation evolves. The enforcement of certain measures (i.e. social distancing and mask-wearing) will vary in different regions. We will defer to local health authorities for best practices in their region. Check with your home country's policies on testing and post-trip self-isolation as well as the latest travel advisories.
How to make a booking:
The early bird deal is valid until 8 June 2022 and may change without notice.
Price is correct as of 31 May 2022. Please contact us for current rates.
Advertised price is based on lead-price departure(s) and rates will be advised for your preferred travel date prior to any payment being required.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read My Travel Experience Booking Terms & Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
To make a booking please call My Travel Experience on 1300 168 910 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website - please enter your preferred departure date (if known) and the number of people travelling. If you wish to submit an enquiry, please let us know your travel dates plus any other information that will help us provide a quote, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request - your booking is pending confirmation and no place is being held.
Your reservation status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours - Monday to Friday.