Thanks to everyone who subscribed and entered for the chance to win an escorted tour of Egypt!
The panel of judges had a tough job selecting a winner, but we’re pleased to announce that the winning entry was submitted by Cara:
“My family take it in turns to choose. Greenland is next because my son saw Nuuk airport cam on YouTube!”
Plus, everyone who entered and is still subscribed will receive an email by 2 January with a $25 travel credit that can be redeemed with My Travel Experience in 2024.
The winner, Cara S., will receive an 8-night tour of Egypt for two people, including:
- Escorted tour – Services of experienced Egyptologist guides
- Accommodation – 5 nights in 4-star hotels & 3 nights on a 5-star Nile Cruiser ship
- Meals – 8 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 5 dinners
- Transportation – Private air-conditioned coach or mini bus & internal flight from Cairo to Aswan
The prize is valid for travel between the following dates: 06 January to 15 October, 2024.
For everyone who enters – you will receive a $25 discount voucher for travel in 2024.
The $25 voucher is valid on 2024 trips valued at over $900 and booked directly with My Travel Experience. Entrants who subscribed by 15 December 2023 will be sent a promotional code to redeem the discount.
About the competition
Every valid entry was read and judged on its merits. Our panel of travel judges voted on the most individual and creative response to the travel question: Share how you decide where to travel next.
The Subscriber Competition was open until 5:00pm AEDT on 15 December 2023.
Please read the below terms & conditions for further details about this competition.
Thanks for subscribing and we look forward to helping you plan you next great getaway!
Competition Terms & Conditions
This promotion from My Travel Experience (The Promoter) was offered subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Who could enter?
Entry was only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand who are aged 18 years or older.
How to Enter
- Sign up to the email newsletter and complete the online entry form on the mytravelxp.com entry page and fill in all required fields.
Egypt Explorer 9-Day Tour (tour code EGEXP9M), for up to 2 people for travel between 06 January to 15 October 2024.
All entrants will receive a AU$25 discount voucher that may be redeemed on travel bookings made directly with the Promoter from 2 January to 31 March 2024.
The discount voucher will be sent via email after the competition closes. One voucher per person may be applied at time of booking to reservations that include accommodation with minimum value of $900 per person. The value of the voucher is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed on other services.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Participation in the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are 18 years or over. Employees of My Travel Experience (The Promoter) and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. Multiple entries are not accepted; one entry per person at their nominated email address (first entry only will be accepted). The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
4. Entries open at 6:00am AEST on 4 July 2023, and close at 5:00pm AEDT on 15 December 2023.
5. To enter, entrants must: Share how they decide where to travel next (in 20 words or less) and subscribe to My Travel Experience email newsletters and communications.
6. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winners. The winner will be chosen by at least three representatives of The Promoter on 20 December 2023 at My Travel Experience office, 89 High Street, Kew VIC 3101, or location(s) of designated Promoter’s representatives. The judges will choose the winner based on the most creative response or unique answer. Only online entries, via the website or email, will be considered. The judge’s decision is final.
7. Prize of an Egypt Explorer 9-Day Tour (EGEXP9M) for up to two adults (sharing one room), will be awarded to the chosen winner.
The prize must be taken during specified dates, subject to availability: 6 January to 15 October 2024. Once confirmed, the booking cannot be re-booked or altered in any way without incurring fees.
The prize is not transferrable to any other tour, travel package or destination and cannot be exchanged. International flights to Egypt do not form part of this prize. If the prize winner elects not to travel during these dates or is unable to travel during the specified periods, for any reason including and not limited to COVID-19 restrictions, the prize will be forfeited.
8. The prize can only be applied to standard inclusions on the Egypt Explorer 9-Day Tour (EGEXP9M) for two people based on twin share rooms (single rooms with supplement are excluded). The prize winner is responsible for transport to/from the starting/finishing point in Cairo, local payments (approximately US$150 per person), compulsory travel insurance and visa fees. The prize winner is also responsible for all other travel-related costs or personal expenses, such as meals and sightseeing that’s not specified in the itinerary, drinks, WiFi access, tour gratuities etc.
9. All reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. All applicable booking terms and conditions of My Travel Experience apply.
10. This prize will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The prize will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
11. Changes or Cancellation may incur charges from Tour Operators, Hotels or other Suppliers. The customer is responsible to pay any such charges and the prize cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the customer (prize winner).
12. The prize winner may add airfares, tours, services or additional hotel nights to the 8-night Egypt Explorer Tour booking, however the customer is responsible for all additional costs.
13. To redeem the prize, the winner (customer) must respond to the prize notification email from My Travel Experience by 12 January 2024 and proceed with a reservation in accordance with the prize conditions.
14. The travel prize is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified. It is the responsibility of the winner to be eligible to travel during the specified period in 2024.
15. All additional fees, charges and surcharges applicable to the booking, including, without limitation, international airfares, extra person, single supplement, transfers, tours, gratuities, entrance fees and other charges are applicable to your reservation, and are not included in the prize. These charges must be paid at the time the reservation is confirmed or to the operator directly (where applicable) and are the responsibility solely of the customer.
16. The prize does not include any costs or miscellaneous fees charged by the Egypt tour operator and incurred by the customer.
17. The prize winner will be notified via email, by Friday 22 December 2023. If the prize is not acknowledged or claimed by the winner by 12 January 2024, the prize will be forfeited.
18. Entrants warrant that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
19. By entering the competition, the entrant issues The Promoter with non-exclusive rights to publish their entry in a non-commercial manner. This may include publishing the winning entry online, on social media and in the media.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in this promotion or acceptance of a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, pandemic outbreak, travel restrictions or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserve the right, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fraud, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in their discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. The winner agrees to make themselves available upon request by the Promoter for media coverage and further promotion of the competition.
24. The Promoter may publish the winning entry responses, first name, surname initial and state of residence online and in the media.
26. Promoter is Travel On Demand Pty Ltd trading as My Travel Experience, 89 High Street, Kew VIC 3101. Contact phone 1300 168 910. ABN 11 642 241 914.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~ Lao Tzu