Thanks to everyone who subscribed to our newsletter and entered to WIN an Aussie getaway to Broome with flights – this competition has now closed.
We are excited to announce that Merryl R. from NSW has won the WA holiday and the judges’ heart with her creative entry:
“I see seas of Blue,
Red sands too
For me and you.
And I think to myself
W.A.’s a wonderful world.”
Everyone who entered has been sent a $25 discount voucher that can be redeemed on their next holiday.
The winner will receive a Broome W.A holiday for two people, including:
- Flights – Return economy class airfares to Broome from an Australian capital city
- Accommodation – 4 nights at The Pearle of Cable Beach in a standard Guest Room
The prize can only be taken between the following dates: 24 October to 30 November, 2022.
The $25 voucher for all entrants is valid on trips booked directly with My Travel Experience and valued at over $500. Entrants who subscribed between 1 June to 31 August 2022 have been sent a promotional code to redeem the discount on new bookings for travel until 31 March 2023.
How to Enter
Entrants needed to complete the form and tick the box to subscribe, before the competition ended at 5pm AEST on 31 August 2022.
Our team of travel judges ready every entry, looking for the most individual and creative response to the travel question.
Please read the below terms & conditions for further details about this competition.
Thanks for subscribing and we look forward to helping you plan you next great getaway!
About The Pearle of Cable Beach
The Pearle of Cable Beach is a 5-star rated boutique resort and its design is inspired by the pavilion homes of Southeast Asia. The Guest Rooms feature a small deck with outdoor coffee table and chairs, where you can enjoy the Broome tropical weather. You’ll get to unwind in the lush tropical setting and enjoy an infinity-edge swimming pool, while being just 20 minutes’ walk from the turquoise waters and famous white sands of Cable Beach.
Competition Terms & Conditions
This promotion from Australia & New Zealand Travel Company & My Travel Experience (The Promoters) is offered subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Who can enter?
Entry is only available to residents of Australia and New Zealand who are aged 18 years or older.
How to Enter
- Sign up to the email newsletter of either Australia & New Zealand Travel Company or My Travel Experience
- Entrants must complete the online entry form on the anztravelco.com.au or mytravelxp.com entry page and fill in all required fields.
Economy class airfares to Broome from Australian capital cities & 4 nights at The Pearle of Cable Beach in standard Guest Room, for up to 2 people for travel between 24 October to 30 November, 2022.
All entrants will receive a AU$25 discount voucher that may be redeemed on travel bookings made directly with the Promoters from 08 September 2022 to 31 March 2023.
The discount voucher will be sent via email after the competition closes. One voucher per reservation may be applied at time of booking to reservations that include accommodation with minimum value of $900. The value of the voucher is non-refundable and cannot be redeemed on other services.
Full Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Participation in the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry is only open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are 18 years or over. Employees of Australia & New Zealand Travel Company and My Travel Experience (The Promoters) and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. Multiple entries are not accepted; one entry per person at their nominated email address (first entry only will be accepted). The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
4. Entries open at 6:00am AEST on 1 June 2022, and close at 5:00pm AEST on 31 August, 2022.
5. To enter, entrants must: Describe in 25 words (or less) which destination is top of their travel wish list and subscribe to Australia & New Zealand Travel Company or My Travel Experience email newsletter.
6. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winners. The winner will be chosen by at least three representatives of The Promoters on 01 September 2022 at Australia & New Zealand Travel Company office, 920 Glenferrie Road, Kew VIC 3101, or location(s) of designated Promoters representatives. The judges will choose the winner based on the most creative response or unique answer. The judge’s decision is final.
7. Prize of 4 nights The Pearle of Cable Beach in Guest room and domestic flights to Broome in economy class for up to two adults, will be awarded to the chosen winner.
The prize must be taken during specified dates, subject to availability: 24 October to 30 November 2022.
Domestic return flights include economy class on scheduled services to Broome from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Hobart, Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin or Perth.
The prize is not transferrable to any other room category or hotel and cannot be exchanged. The airline for economy class flights to Broome will be selected by the Promoters. If the prize winner elects not to travel during these dates or is unable to travel during the specified periods, for any reason including and not limited to COVID-19 restrictions, the prize will be forfeited.
8. The prize can only be applied to 4 nights at The Pearle of Cable Beach, standard Guest room, and economy class flights from an Australian capital city to Broome. The prize winner is responsible for all other travel-related costs or personal expenses, such as travel insurance, airport transfers, meals etc.
9. All reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking. All applicable booking terms and conditions of Australia & New Zealand Travel Company apply.
10. This prize will be deemed fully used once a qualifying booking has been made and confirmed to be available. The prize will not be reinstated, refunded or replaced, even in the event that the reservation is cancelled or changed.
11. Changes or Cancellation may incur charges from Airlines, Hotels or other Suppliers. The customer is responsible to pay any such charges and the prize cannot be applied to any additional costs associated with changes or cancellations to the original booking requested by the customer (prize winner).
12. The prize winner may add tours, services or additional hotel nights to the 4-night The Pearle of Cable Beach booking, however the customer is responsible for all additional costs.
13. To redeem the prize, the winner (customer) must respond to the prize notification email from Australia & New Zealand Travel Company or My Travel Experience by 8 September 2022 and proceed with a reservation in accordance with the prize conditions.
14. The travel prize is not transferable, exchangeable, replaceable or refundable for cash or credit and can only be used as specified. It is the responsibility of the winner to be eligible to travel during the specified periods in 2022.
15. All additional fees, charges and surcharges applicable to the booking, including, without limitation, extra person, transfers, parking and other charges are applicable to your reservation, and are not included in the prize. These charges must be paid at the time the reservation is confirmed or to the operator directly (where applicable) and are the responsibility solely of the customer.
16. The prize does not include any costs or miscellaneous fees charged by The Pearle of Cable Beach and incurred by the customer.
17. The prize winner will be notified via email, by Friday 02 September 2022. If the prize is not acknowledged or claimed by the winner by 8 September 2022, the prize will be forfeited.
18. Entrants warrant that their entry is their original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
19. By entering the competition, the entrant issues The Promoters with non-exclusive rights to publish their entry in a non-commercial manner. This may include publishing the winning entry online, on social media and in the media.
20. The Promoters shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in this promotion or acceptance of a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster, pandemic outbreak, travel restrictions or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
22. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoters which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fraud, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoters reserve the right in their discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. The winner agrees to make themselves available upon request by the Promoters for media coverage and further promotion of the competition.
24. The Promoter may publish the winning entry responses, first name, surname initial and state of residence online and in the media.
26. Promoter is Travel On Demand Pty Ltd trading as Australia & New Zealand Travel Company and My Travel Experience, 920 Glenferrie Road, Kew VIC 3101. Contact phone 1300 168 910. ABN 11 642 241 914.
Like a paste jewel set in a tiara of natural splendours, Broome clings to a narrow strip of pindan (red-soil country) on the Kimberley’s far-western edge. Lonely Planet