- Brochure & More Info
- Book with Confidence
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation based on twin share room
- Activities as per the itinerary
- Daily breakfast
- Entrance tickets to sites on tour
- Expert local guides
- First class hotels
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- International flights
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Porterage (up to two bags per person)
- Transport in air conditioned vehicles
- Airport transfers
- Any items or services not specified in the itinerary
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Medical and emergency insurance
- Optional tours and activities
- Personal expenses
- Visa arrangements and fees
Ecuador Tour Overview
There’s so much to discover and experience on an escorted tour of Ecuador!
Fly from Australia to Guayaquil. The country’s largest city is renowned for its historic districts, beautiful parks and green iguanas living in the trees. Try one of Ecuador’s biggest exports, chocolate, and travel 8,400 feet up to the enchanting city of Cuenca in the Andes.
Visit the small town of Ingapirca, or ‘Inca Wall’ in Kichwa, where pre-Columbian ruins are found. Take a canoe ride into the Amazon rainforest and hike in a private nature reserve. Enjoy a picturesque stop that’s a paradise for hummingbird lovers and photographers. Then head to Quito for the final two nights, where you’ll explore the World Heritage-listed colonial quarter and stand with one foot in each hemisphere at the Middle of the World Monument on the Equator!
This escorted tour through Ecuador will leave you with precious memories of the country’s rich culture and diverse landscapes!SEE FULL ITINERARY
Inclusions at a glance
- Return economy airfares from Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane to Ecuador
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 9 nights accommodation in tourist class-deluxe hotels & lodges
- 2 nights Guayaquil
- 2 nights Cuenca
- 1 night Riobamba
- 2 nights Punta Ahuano (Amazon)
- 2 nights Quito
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- 20 meals: 9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Services of English-speaking local guides
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- In Guayaquil’s old centre, visit Seminario Park with its colonial atmosphere
- Enjoy a tour, demonstration and chocolate tasting at a cocoa plantation
- Learn about the cultivation of orchids in the small town of Gualaceo
- Discover the charm of Cuenca, a city located high in the Andean Mountains
- Marvel at the impressive stone foundations of Ingapirca Ruins, believed to have been used for religious purposes
- Spend two nights at an Amazon Lodge discovering the area’s flora and fauna
- Visit a Quechua community interpretation centre in the riverside village of Ahuano
- Visit Colonial Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and walk through its cobblestone streets
- Excursion to the Middle of the World Monument
- DAY 1
- DAY 2
- DAY 3
- DAY 4
- DAY 5
- DAY 6
- DAY 7
- DAY 8
- DAY 9
- DAY 10
- DAY 11
Fly to Ecuador
Arrive in Guayaquil
Guayaquil City Tour
Chocolate Tasting & Cuenca
Orchid Nursery and Colonial Cuenca
Ingapirca Ruins, Riobamba
Devil's Cauldron Waterfall, Amazon Lodge
Private Nature Reserve Hike
San Isidro Lodge, Hummingbird Park, Quito
Quito City Tour, Middle of the World Monument
Depart Ecuador, Fly to Australia
More about Ecuador
My Travel Experience Review
This escorted tour is a fantastic way to see so many of Ecuador's unique highlights. Sightseeing, many meals, carefully chosen hotels, expert guides and all flights are included.
More about this tour
See the brochure
CLICK HERE to view, download or print a copy of this tour brochure.
The brochure includes details of the inclusions, itinerary and other relevant travel information. Information contained in the brochure is subject to change and at the time of booking you will be provided with an updated copy that includes the current details for your reservation.
The tour departs on select dates from February to December.
Price will vary depending on your travel date. Please ask us for your preferred departure date and we will advise availability and current cost.
Please contact us for travel options at other times of the year.
Tour start time
The start time listed for this tour is only a guide and details will be confirmed upon confirmation.
If you book international flights, you will be advised of the flight details and check-in times when your reservation is confirmed.
Is this tour right for you?
This relatively active trip covers a fair amount of ground each day. Expect from three to four hours walking every touring day. The pace is moderate, however you will encounter some uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Due to the high elevation, travel in the Ecuadorian Andes may cause some passengers to experience the temporary effects of altitude sickness. If you have any concerns about traveling to higher than your accustomed elevation, please consult your healthcare provider.
Important to remember...
The day-by-day tour descriptions are intended as an indicative guide only. Travel by nature is unpredictable. Weather patterns, river levels, road accessibility, public holidays, travel restrictions and a multitude of other factors may necessitate itinerary changes that are ultimately for the client's benefit. It is essential that travellers are flexible and open minded in this regard.
Speak to a travel specialist
The My Travel Experience team are travel experts and we're here to help you enjoy the best holiday - from the time you start to plan your trip until the day you return home. We are only a phone call or email away whenever you need us, so please contact us today with any questions.
Safety measures and peace of mind.
The wellbeing and safety of our passengers and staff is always a priority. My Travel Experience is committed to ensuring your peace of mind with customer-friendly booking practices and enhanced health and safety standards on our trips.
To help you book with confidence, we will assist you if any unexpected situations arise and My Travel Experience also offers clients as much flexibility as possible when making bookings.
How to make a booking:
This travel deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
Advertised price is based on lead-price departure(s) and was correct as of 28 January 2024.
Rates will be advised for your preferred travel date prior to any payment being required.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read My Travel Experience Booking Terms & Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website - please enter your preferred departure date (if known) and the number of people travelling. If you wish to submit an enquiry, please let us know your travel dates plus any other information that will help us provide a quote, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request - your booking is pending confirmation and no place is being held. Your reservation status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours - Monday to Friday.