- Brochure & More Info
- Book with Confidence
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation based on twin share room
- Baggage charge
- Daily breakfast
- Entrance tickets to sites on tour
- Escorted tour
- Expert local guides
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- International flights from Australia
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Porterage (up to two bags per person)
- Transport in air conditioned vehicles
- Airport transfers
- Any items or services not specified in the itinerary
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- Medical and emergency insurance
- Optional tours and activities
- Personal expenses
Legendary stories and the historic sites of Turkey come to life on this escorted tour!
Visit Istanbul’s great sights and lively bazaars. Honour our ANZAC heroes at Gallipoli. Tour the 4000 year-old city of Troy and the kingdom of Pergamum that dates back to the 4th century. View the cascading thermal pools at Pamukkale and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Hierapolis. Enjoy time exploring the dreamlike landscapes of Cappadocia, learn about the founder of the first Turkish Republic in Ankara and much more.
Appreciate the comfort of first class hotels and the convenience and security of travelling with a group. An experienced guide looks after you throughout, to make sure you get the most out of the amazing journey!SEE THE ITINERARY
Travel dates & early bird sale
Book quickly for top early bird deals in 2024 that can save up to $1000 per person.
Lowest-price departures in 2024: Mondays from 22 April to 28 October
Let us know if you’d like to travel at other times of the year.
Note: Prices in AUD are per person based on twin share, subject to currency fluctuations and change without notice. Prices were accurate on 11 September 2023. Current rates will be advised at time of booking. Please contact us or single traveller rates. Conditions apply.
Inclusions at a glance
- International return economy airfare to Istanbul
- Fly from Australian capital cities with checked luggage (prices may vary depending on departure cities)
- 11 nights First Class accommodation in 4- to 5-star hotels
- 3 nights Istanbul
- 1 night Canakkale
- 2 nights Izmir
- 2 nights Antalya
- 2 nights Cappadocia
- 1 night Ankara
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- 21 meals: 11 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 9 dinners
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern air-conditioned motor coach
- Services of English-speaking tour manager throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Comfortable wireless earphones for enhanced touring
- Visit the Anzac Cemetery, a memorial to the casualties of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps in Gallipoli
- Tour the classical 4000-year-old city of Troy immortalised in Homer’s epic poem, The Iliad
- Visit Pergamum, a kingdom dating back to the 4th century, home to the Roman centre of Asklepion
- View the thermal pools at Pamukkale’s “cotton castle” of cascading snow-falls
- View Hierapolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit the Mausoleum of Kemal Ataturk, founder and first president of the Turkish Republic
- DAY 1
- DAY 2
- DAY 3
- DAY 4
- DAY 5
- DAY 6
- DAY 7
- DAY 8
- DAY 9
- DAY 10
- DAY 11
- DAY 12
- DAY 13
Fly to Turkey
Arrive in Istanbul
Istanbul City Tour
Anzac Cemetery, Drive to Canakkale
Visit Troy, Pergamum, Travel to Izmir
Full Day in Izmir
Necropolis & Hierapolis at Pamukkale
Full Day in Antalya
Cappadocia Caravanserai Sightseeing
Full Day in Cappadocia
Travel to Ankara, Mausoleum of Kemal Ataturk
Travel to Istanbul
More about Turkey Discover Turkey
- Drink a real Turkish coffee. This isn't just a heart-starter in the morning, it's a ritual that should be savoured and appreciated in a local cafe.
- Try a Turkish bath, or hammam. You'll be steamed, scrubbed and pounded in the quest for wellness, but it will be worth it and it's one of those things you need to do at least once in your life!
My Travel Experience Review
This trip departs during the most popular months to visit Turkey and you'll benefit greatly from the inclusions on this escorted tour. There's a good balance of included activities and free time.
More about this tour
See the brochure
Click here to view, download or print a copy of this tour brochure.
The brochure includes details of the inclusions, itinerary and other relevant travel information. Information contained in the brochure is subject to change and at the time of booking you will be provided with an updated copy that includes the current details for your reservation.
Departs frequently from April to October 2023 and 2024.
Price will vary depending on your travel date.
Please ask us for your preferred departure date and we will advise availability and cost.
Let us know if you would like to travel at other times of the year.
Tour start time
The start time listed is just a guide and details will be confirmed upon confirmation.
There is a welcome drink and orientation meeting at approximately 7:30pm on the first night in Istanbul.
If you book international flights, you will be advised of the flight details and check-in times when your reservation is confirmed.
Is this tour right for you?
This moderately active program covers a good amount of ground each day. Expect from three to four hours walking on some touring days, as well as early starts. The pace is moderate, however a majority is over uneven surfaces, stairs, steps and significant slopes. Bus rides to Ankara and Istanbul are approximately seven to eight hours, and rides to Gallipoli, Antalya, and Cappadocia are approximately four to five hours. Those who are claustrophobic or have preexisting knee or back conditions may want to avoid visiting the Underground Cities in Cappadocia. Passageways are narrow and may require crouching to navigate. Some hotels in Cappadocia are built in the traditional local style and have no air-conditioning. During heat waves, these hotels can become uncomfortable, even at higher elevations.
Important to remember...
The day-by-day tour descriptions are intended as an indicative guide only. Travel by nature is unpredictable. Weather patterns, sea or river conditions, road accessibility, public holidays, travel restrictions and a multitude of other factors may necessitate itinerary changes that are ultimately for the client's benefit. It is essential that travellers are flexible and open minded in this regard.
Speak to a travel specialist
The My Travel Experience team are travel experts and we're here to help you enjoy the best holiday - from the time you start to plan your trip until the day you return home. We are only a phone call or email away whenever you need us, so please contact us today with any questions.
New safety measures, more flexibility and greater peace of mind.
The wellbeing and safety of our passengers and staff is always a priority, especially as we adjust to a new world for travellers. My Travel Experience is committed to ensuring your peace of mind with customer-friendly booking practices and enhanced health and safety standards on our trips.
To help you book with confidence, we will assist you if any unexpected situations arise and My Travel Experience also offers clients as much flexibility as possible when making bookings.
How to make a booking:
The Early Bird deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
Advertised price is based on lead-price departure(s) and rates will be advised for your preferred travel date prior to any payment being required.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). Lead price was correct as of 1 July 2023.
The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read My Travel Experience Booking Terms & Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website - please enter your preferred departure date (if known) and the number of people travelling. If you wish to submit an enquiry, please let us know your travel dates plus any other information that will help us provide a quote, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request - your booking is pending confirmation and no place is being held. Your reservation status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours - Monday to Friday.