- Brochure & More Info
- Book with Confidence
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation based on twin share room
- Daily breakfast
- Expert local guides
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Meals as per the itinerary
- Rail travel as per itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Any items or services not specified
- Entrance tickets to sites on tour
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- International flights from Australia
- Medical and emergency insurance
- Personal expenses
Discover more than just chaotic cities and mountainous landscapes on this ultimate 14-day adventure through Japan.
Explore the cultural hubs of Kyoto and Osaka as you learn about Geishas, visit enchanting castles and discover the beautifully quaint backstreets. Spend an evening sleeping at a Buddhist monastery in Mount Koya. Embrace Tokyo’s blend of new and old as we visit local fish markets and explore neon-lit neighbourhoods. Follow your guide through the historic heartlands of Takayama and Hiroshima. Travel in style with bullet trains, gondola rides, and boat trips to ensure you get the most out of your adventure!SEE THE ITINERARY
For a limited time, take advantage of these amazing tour prices for 2023 departures.
From $4799 per person – 28 January, 25 February, 01 July, 26 August, 02 or 16 December 2023
From $5299 per person – 14 January, 11 February, 11 or 25 March, 08 or 22 April, 06 or 20 May, 03 or 17 June, 23 September, 21 October, 04 or 18 November 2023
Contact us to check availability on your preferred date, or let us know if you’d like to travel at other times of the year.
Note: Prices in AUD are per person, based on twin share, and subject to confirmation. Prices can change without notice and will be advised at time of booking. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Inclusions at a glance
- Accommodation – 13 nights in a range of accommodation
- 4 & 3-star hotels, Japanese-style ryokans, mountain monastery
- Complimentary hotel Wi-Fi access (where available)
- Meals – 13 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
- Transportation – travel by train, cable car, local bus, luggage transfers
- Trains include Express/bullet train, local & mountain train
- Tour Guiding – Services of experienced local Tour Leader
- Sightseeing – highlights as listed below and in the itinerary
- Tokaido Checkpoint
Takayama Jinya Building
Peace Museum, Peace Park & A Bomb Dome
- Imperial Palace
Shosei Strolling Garden
Gion Corner cultural centre
Ryoanji Zen Garden
- Tenryuji Temple & National Museum
Mount Koya Monastery
Garan Sacred Area
Okunoin Cemetery and Kobo Daish
Kongobuji & Kuromon Market
- Tokaido Checkpoint
Note: please see the brochure for items that are not included, such as international flights and entrance fees.
Why we love this trip
- This 14-day adventure is perfect for travellers who want to go beyond the tourist hotspots in Japan to discover unique, local and cultural experiences.
- Shape your adventure with optional activities including Kyoto lanes & lanterns, cooking classes, day trips, and more!
- Stay in carefully selected accommodation with traditional onsens and spas.
- Meditate with Buddhist monks and enjoy an evening of zen as you sleep in a traditional Monastery at Mount Koya.
- Discover ancient cities and traditions with extended stays in Kyoto and Osaka.
- Take a day trip to the romantic Miyajima Island to explore the floating Torii Gate, Shrines, and breath-taking 360-degree views of the inland sea.
- Follow your local guide through historic cities like Hiroshima and explore iconic landscapes like Mt Fuji in Hakone.
More about Japan
My Travel Experience Review
This escorted tour package gives you an extensive introduction to Japan as well as time to explore at your leisure. Accommodation, guided sightseeing and transport are included. Entrance fees are an additional expense and approximately costs are listed in the brochure.
More about this tour
See the brochure
CLICK HERE to view, download or print a copy of this trip brochure.
The brochure includes details of the itinerary, inclusions and other relevant travel information. Information contained in the brochure is subject to change and at the time of booking you will be provided with an updated copy that includes the current details for your reservation.
This trip departs monthly in 2023 and 2024.
Please ask us for your preferred departure date and we will advise availability.
Price may vary depending on your travel date.
Contact us for current rates and tour details.
Trip start time
The check-in times will be provided when your booking is confirmed.
Important to remember...
The day-by-day itinerary is intended as an indicative guide only. Travel by nature is unpredictable. Weather patterns, road and rail conditions, public holidays, travel restrictions and a multitude of other factors may necessitate itinerary changes that are ultimately for the client's benefit. It is essential that travellers are flexible and open minded in this regard.
Speak to a travel specialist
The My Travel Experience team are travel experts and we're here to help you enjoy the best holiday - from the time you start to plan your trip until the day you return home. We are only a phone call or email away whenever you need us, so please contact us today with any questions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 1300 168 910 (in Australia) or +61 400 226 454 (from overseas or via mobile).
New safety measures, more flexibility and greater peace of mind.
The wellbeing and safety of our passengers and staff is always a priority, especially as we adjust to a new world for travellers. My Travel Experience is committed to ensuring your peace of mind with customer-friendly booking practices and enhanced health and safety standards on our trips.
We work closely with tour operators that have received the Safe Travels stamp by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC), which enables travellers to recognise companies around the world that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
To help you book with confidence, we will assist you if any unexpected situations arise and My Travel Experience also offers clients as much flexibility as possible when making bookings.
How to make a booking:
This travel deal is valid for a limited time. Please contact us for current rates.
Advertised price is based on lead-price departure(s) and is correct as of 18 October 2022.
Rates will be advised for your preferred travel date prior to any payment being required.
All prices are per person, based on twin share, and listed in Australian dollars (AUD). The package is subject to confirmation at the time of booking and prices may change without notice. Booking conditions and cancellation fees apply.
Please read My Travel Experience Booking Terms & Conditions prior to making a reservation. By booking any travel service with us, you have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
To make a booking please call My Travel Experience on 1300 168 910 or email email@example.com.
You can also select a trip and request it via this website - please enter your preferred departure date (if known) and the number of people travelling. If you wish to submit an enquiry, please let us know your travel dates plus any other information that will help us provide a quote, such as departure city and travel preferences.
No payment is required to submit an online booking request - your booking is pending confirmation and no place is being held. Your reservation status will be advised when you hear from our travel consultants. Bookings are normally actioned within 24 hours - Monday to Friday.